Instagram

Instagram

Sunday 8 February 2015

Quick fix tip - How to get rid of bright yellow / orange roots after dying your hair blonde



Hello!! I have dyed my hair sooo many times this week to get my hair blonde and to make it even but my roots are still bright yellow and now my hair feels sooooo damaged AGAIN!!
I last dyed my hair in October which was a semi permanent mahogany colour but it washed out and faded so quickly just after the first wash but the colour stayed on my roots, so I had about an inch of growth when I dyed it and it never faded even though I actually did go over it with a brown hair dye, so when my new roots started showing and for these last few months, I had the virgin hair at the roots, a strip of gingery brown colour from the mahogany colour and then the rest of my hair was the faded light brown colour and because it was a dark blonde before I dyed it mahogany that's why the rest of it was a faded light brown.....does that make sense? lol
So I have used a lot of different blonde hair dyes this week and then used the L'oreal glam highlights kit twice but that reeeeeeeeeally damaged my hair, the bits that I highlighted literally feel like chewing gum and I don't think it matters how many deep conditioning treatments I do those bits are just going to be snipped off......when will I ever learn!?! For months I resisted the urge to dye my hair and then I gave in and regret it now! I say when will I ever learn because I have done this soooo many times and my hair never goes to the right shade of blonde, it takes many many many hair dyes to actually get it blonde in the first place but even when it is a nice shade it just simply doesn't suit me....even though I was very light blonde as a kid =-/   and I also always end up dying my hair dark again.

I have never actually had a full head of hair that hasn't been dyed since I was 12 years old so seeing quite a few inches of my natural hair colour I was actually surprised at how much I liked it, it's a very light brown but it also had like natural blonde highlights to it, I remember when I was younger before I started dying my hair, in the summer my hair would go a lovely golden colour and that's what I wanted my hair to look like again this summer.......but then I just had to go blonde again =-/  .....well more like yellow!

So my quick fix tip to cover up bright yellow/ orange roots, is to use a dry shampoo spray that has colour in it. So I used the chocolate brownie dry shampoo by Superdrug and spray that all over the bright yellow area on my roots and then went over that with the golden goddess dry shampoo spray so it wasn't so dark and then just rub it all in and brush it through to make it even. This is just a temporary way to disguise the roots until you have sorted your hair out.

Dry shampoo is also good for making thin hair look thicker, camouflage root regrowth especially if you have dyed your hair darker and you have light roots or if you just want to add volume to your hair this is brilliant for that!

Also you could use the go blonder lightening spray by John Frieda to lighten the hair further.



No comments:

Post a Comment