Instagram

Instagram

Friday 5 December 2014

Cutting, layering and feathering my hair & adding a side fringe using a crea clip and clippers. John Frieda go blonder lightening spray review

Helloooo!!

So I've done a video showing you how I cut my hair using clippers and a crea clip, it's very quick and easy to do. I paid £10 for my crea clips (long and shorter one) I got them like 4 years ago from Amazon, I can't find a link to them to share with you where it costs £10 and I couldn't find any cheap ones on ebay or Amazon but on the crea clip website it costs $29.99.







I have damaged my hair quite badly from using the John Frieda Sheer Blonde go blonde lightening spray. I feel bad for dissing a product but if anyones looking it up for reviews then I'd say stay away from it because it doesn't really make any difference to your hair colour, on natural blonde hair or light brown hair. The only time I noticed a difference was when I had very dark brown hair almost black last year, I used this all over and it did lighten it up a little bit but it had a reddish tint to it. It's very drying to your hair and it makes your hair quite greasy looking. After a few days I noticed the top of my hair at the roots where I had been using it, the hairs were very short and just standing up because it wasn't long enough to lay flat, my hair had terrible split ends, when I brush it, little bits just break of the ends, so now I have very uneven hair and it looks awfully damaged. So please don't make the same mistake as me, if you are trying to grow out your hair and want long healthy hair, please don't damage it by using this, it is the devil in a yellow bottle!

UPDATE- It has been 7 months since I last used the John Frieda Go Blonder Lightening Spray and my hair is still damaged at the crown area where I mainly sprayed the product to lighten my roots. Today I had to cut off the remaining 2 inches off damaged hair so now I have 3 inch long hair at the crown but at least the damaged parts have been cut off now, they were getting so matted up and loads of split ends going up the shaft of the hair so I didn't want it travelling up the shaft of the healthy hair so I thought it was best to just cut it all off and now I wish I did that sooner! I really regret ever using that stuff! - 26/05/15

The underneath of my hair and the back where I havn't used this product is quite healthy and smooth and doesn't look like a brillo pad when I wake up unlike the top and front of my hair which is where I've been using this product.
brillo pad





I don't think these photos show how bad my hair actually is!

I've been trying to grow my hair for so long but because I used to dye it a lot it's never been too healthy looking but once I used that John Frieda lightening spray it just made it 100 times worse and when I wake up in the morning this is how it looks!

So in the hair cutting video, I've just trimmed the length and layers, I was planning on cutting it to a  midway neck length bob but I'd rather wait til the shorter layers are at that length so all the hair is an even length, as my hair grows soooooooo slowly it's probably going to take a year for my short layers to get to half way down my neck but I'm probably going to keep trimming just so the breakage doesn't travel up the hair shaft which will just make it worse and the damage will never go away unless I cut it all short now to get rid of it all but I made that mistake nearly 4 years ago when I completely shaved my hair off so I was completely bald just because it was soooooooo badly damaged, I kept cutting it shorter and shorter but it still looked terrible and frizzy so in the end I was like, Right i'm just gonna shave it off and start again and i'll never dye it again! (that lasted for 3 weeks before I was putting blonde hair dye on my 5mm spikey hair loool) it's taken me all this time to get it to this length so I don't want to start from the beginning again, so i'll be trimming every month til it's healthy again and then I can grow long hair and change my name to Rapunzel!!

I'm always getting the itch to dye my hair, I just love changing the colour, usually blonde to brown , then to black, then to blonde ugh it's silly but I just love dying my hair lol! Even though I reeeeeeally want to go blonde again ( and then the next day i'm like no actually I want to go dark brown!) but this time I really am going to just let my natural hair grow out, I havn't had natural hair since I was 11 when I first dyed it blonde and even though my roots are hardly visible, this is actually the longest I've gone without dying it! And it would be nice to have my hair naturally light brown before I start going grey which I reckon will be pretty soon arghhhhhhh!!!!




xXx


No comments:

Post a Comment