Instagram

Instagram

Friday 9 January 2015

Benefit Cosmetics - First impressions -Demo video and full review

This is the first time I have used Benefit Cosmetics, some of the products I loved and some I wasn't so keen on!
Since this is not a makeup tutorial, I have sped up a lot of the video so it's not so long!



I used:



#POREfessional to prime my face, I rate this 3/5 ***
CONS:
*I was hoping it would give me more of a coverage like a foundation does but it doesn't really have any coverage. It didn't state that it has any coverage so it's not false advertising, I was just hoping it would lol.
*For use over the whole face I don't think the size of the product will last very long, I will probably use this just on my nose area from now on.
*I think it's very expensive considering how much you actually get in the tube.
*I don't think it minimized my wrinkles.
PROS:
*It definitely did minimize pores, not completely but it was an improvement.
*It takes away the shine without leaving my skin feeling dry.
*It felt quite velvety smooth.
*It didn't settle into fine lines.
*It makes your skin look nicer without looking like you have anything on your face.



PLAY STICKS creme to powder foundation - blended with Real Techniques sponge.
I rate this 4/5 ****
PROS:
*It matched my skin colour perfectly.
*It was a medium coverage.
*It didn't settle into my pores.
*It wasn't drying to my skin.
*It did need to be re-blended a few times throughout the day but only on my chin area.
CONS:
*I think it needs to be blended quite quickly as it seems to dry quite fast and then seems harder to blend, but that just might be because the next day I used the RT Sponge without dampening it first and it did not blend well at all so I used my foundation brush instead but by then it seemed quite dry and harder to blend.






















Fake Up Hydrating Crease control concealer. I rate this 4/5 ****
PROS:
*It blended in easily.
*The colour was a perfect match for my skin tone.
*It brightened up my skin.
*It was hydrating, most products usually feel very drying round my eye area but not this.
CONS:
*It did settle into my wrinkles but is easily blended out again and it could just be because I used too
much.




Bad Gal waterproof Eyeliner. I rate this 1/5 *
PROS:
*I suppose if you want a slight bit of colour on the rims of your eye this is very natural.
*It didn't crumble or break off when applied.
*On the skin, after a few seconds it does not smudge at all.
CONS:
*It wasn't thick enough for me, you could barely see it.
*It dries very quickly so you will have to blend quickly.
I would not repurchase this eyeliner.



Mascara. I rate this 3/5 ***
PROS:
*It did lengthen my eyelashes quite dramatically.
*It was very black.
*It glided on very smoothly.
CONS:
*It left small clumps on my eyelashes.
*It's not waterproof and smudges very easily.
*I didn't like the brush and found it quite messy to use.
*It stuck to the eyelash curlers leaving loads of product on it.
*I found it too wet.
*My eyelashes did stick together in some places so I had to seperate them with an eyelash comb which made it flake off.
*They stuck together after I used an eyelash curler too.
*It didn't give volume to the eyelashes.



They're Real push up liner. I rate this 2/5 **
PROS:
*It was very black and didn't have that shiny effect that some liquid liners give.
*It is waterproof.
*I had quite good control over it.
*It didn't budge when I curled my eyelashes or stick to the metal bit.
CONS:
*It was not easy for me to apply this.
*It didn't hug the lash line!
*It smudged and crumbled very easily.
*It dried too quickly so when you go over it again it didn't go on smoothly and made it quite lumpy and you can't blend it out.
*When applying this, lumps kept breaking off which was the worst thing about this product. It made a mess and it's a waste of product which is a waste of money!
*I couldn't get a thin enough flick as it comes out a bit too thick for my liking.
*It's not easy to remove but it does smudge really easily, so if you expect to be able to go swimming and the line still look perfect, it wont.

I should have looked at the product more closely before purchasing, but I thought the nib was the actually liner and that's what I liked about it, the shape, but the liner actually comes out of that bit.
I have used this a few times now and I'm still not keen on it.



Dandelion Blusher. I rate this 5/5 *****
PROS:
*It looked very natural, just a hint of colour.
*It wasn't drying to my skin.
*It had a nice healthy glow.
Pro/Con: You need to build up the coverage to be able to see the colour.



High Beam. I rate this 4/5 ****
PROS:
*It really gave such a lovely highlight.
*It blended easily.
*The package is small but I think it will last a long time....hopefully!
*It didn't settle into any fine lines.
CONS:
*Looking at it in natural daylight, It did kinda leave that stripe look but maybe I just need to practice blending better.


<3 <3 <3 <3 <3

HOOLA!! I rate this 5/5 *****
PROS:
*Sooooo good for contouring, it's matte and blends in so easily.
*The brush that comes with it is also very good at blending and it doesn't shred hair.
*It's very natural looking.
*Very good bronzer.
*It didn't have a YOU'VE BEEN TANGOED effect (no orange...ness)
Cons: The product is in a cardboard box which I find weird but not a big deal.



POREfessional Shine Control
PROS:
*It did take away the shine without looking cakey like some powders do.
*It didn't settle in the pores
*It wasn't drying
CONS:
*It didn't minimize pores any further than the POREfessional primer, I will have to try it on bare skin to see if it does make pores smaller.
*I used quite a lot of product, a little does not go a long way!














<3 The HOOLA is definitely my favourite product, I absolutely loved it!!! <3

So this is my opinion on the Benefit cosmetics, It may change after I have used the products a few more times but this is my first impression of them.
Like I said, I love the skin products but not too keen on the eye products, but hopefully once I have used them more and got used to them, I will be raving about how fantastic they are!

Thank you for watching / reading
                  xXx

No comments:

Post a Comment